Monday, July 8, 2013

Headed to Cody and the Wild West


The road from Sheridan, WY to Cody, WY goes through some beautiful, albeit steep, scenery. Don't mind the drive-by shooting...


I did stop at Shell Falls - the water was rip-roaring.



The first thing we did in Cody was go to the PowWow. Several tribes were represented, and each had different costumes and dances.


There were separate classes for all the different age groups for men and women, boys and girls.


One of the tribes were really into elk teeth as decorations, even the kids.


We also scored front-row seats at the nightly gun fight in town.


It was pretty amusing, but I was glad I had ear plugs.


When the players offered to pose afterward, I hopped right up. I liked the bad guys...


THE END!

11 comments:

  1. That waterfall is gorgeous! I don't think we'll get to that one, but maybe another. It takes guts to sit and pose in that chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I think that might be the funniest chair I've ever seen. The color of your shirt goes with the uh, "decor!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh how funny!!! Love that chair...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! That chair makes your butt look big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey, does this chair make my butt look big? (Wish I had those nice legs, though!)

    I love all those gun fights and stuff in the middle of the street. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not even going to comment on your butt shot, I value my head too much... :cD

    Were you able to take those cowboys home with you, even if they were the bad guys?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. We were at a PowWow there maybe 25 years ago:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. POW and WOW...those guys look very authenic...and the butt stool is just way too cool.,,haha
    I love the Rip Roaring Falls too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun!! We have some friends heading that way in a few days! They are in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great time and the chair picture is absolutely hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!