Saturday, March 5, 2011

And the Winners Are!

What a great response I had to the contest! I received a total of 60 entries for the random drawing, and 10 entries for the "Guess Where This Is" contest. Before I get to the winners, here are the answers to the "Guess Where This Is" contest. As you may recall, all are in one of the 46 National Parks in the Lower 48 States. You had to name both the National Park (1 point) and the feature in the photo (1 point.)

Number 1
Anacapa Island or Inspiration Point in Channel Islands National Park, off the coast of California. A beautiful place, especially at the end of April, when the whole island is covered with flowers.


Number 2
Horseshoe Canyon or the Great Gallery in Canyonlands National Park in Utah. It's a difficult hike because you must climb out of the canyon in the heat of the day at the end of a 7 1/2 mile trek.


Number 3
Fort Jefferson or Garden Key Light in Dry Tortugas National Park, 70 miles west of Key West, Florida. You can take a ferry there, but I took a seaplane. The fort is the largest brick structure in the western hemisphere, and has a fascinating history.



Number 4
Druid Arch, also in Canyonlands National Park. A 10-mile round trip hike, I have been there twice, but the last time was in 2000.


Number 5
Bumpass Hell, in Lassen Volcanic National Park, in Northern California. A very pretty, not-too-long hike.

And now, the winners!

Two entries had a perfect score of 10!

The first was my sister Barbara, not surprising since she accompanied me on most of the trips. But we didn't think it was fair that she win, so I gave her my copy.

The other perfect entry was Marius A., who had not been to any of the parks, but did a lot of research. Congratulations!

One entrant had a score of 9, and is the second winner - ZoAnn L., aka O. B. Sirius.

There were 4 entries with a score of 8, but the earliest entry, and the third winner, is Cyndi H. of Wanderlust.

Now, for the random drawing that determines the final 2 winners -


The first slip drawn was Rsalcedo of Tucson.

Number 2 was John C. of Trikepilot.

If the five winners will email me your full name, and the address you want your prize mailed to, I will mail them off on Monday. (dianatolerico at yahoo.com) Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone for participating. I had a great time doing it!

If you didn't win, there are still several other bloggers with contests going. The ones I know of are:
Al & Kelly of The Bayfield Bunch
Sam & Donna of 5th Wheel Vagabonds
If you also have a contest going, leave a comment and I will add a link to your blog.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, Man, another no win..........Congratulations to all those that did win though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to all the winners of your contest!!!..good idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners, I still love seeing those pics hope you are having a happy Sunday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK let me try again...comment didnt work the first time
    CONGRATS to the winners and I had more wrong on the Test than I thought...SO learned Something new--Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had a contest to giveaway 5 copies of this software. I just did a simple draw out of a hat based on those leaving a comment for a 2 day period. I like your idea of 'where is this place'? Maybe next time.

    Nice blog, glad I ran across it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun! I love when I know (or can guess) the answers. I guess Sondra doesn't realize how sneaky you are. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of those passes, it is really cool!!!! Fun to have and not have to pay all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, Dry Tortugas National Park I will have to put that on my 'too see' list. Loved the contest!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!