Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Heading North, It Must Be Spring

My three weeks in the valley were lots of fun, but there are other adventures to be had. Heading north, a good overnight stop was in Tips Park in Three Rivers, TX. It was a little noisy from the nearby refinery, but had nice trees with lots of Spanish Moss hanging in them.


The park also had some really interesting signs....



In San Antonio, I stopped at the Cowboys Dancehall, a HUGE place. Marty Heddin and the Country Blues were playing. I think Marty has the absolute best voice I have ever heard! I know it's hard to see, but these Texans do the 2-step twice as fast as everywhere else I've seen it.


Canyon Lake, outside of New Braunfels, TX is a really nice Corps of Engineers park, and the site of a Singles International gathering.


The wildlife there were really friendly.


We had a couple meals there, one where Birthday-Girl Nancy made a turkey, and everyone else brought sides.


Here's the Birthday Girl. I always say that this lifestyle keeps you young, and here's a perfect example. You'd never know that Nancy is a great-grandmother!

3 comments:

  1. Those SIs look like deer to me. You're right about Nancy looking great. And she's very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!