Friday, November 7, 2008

Kicks on Route 66

One day we took a ride out Route 66 to the cute old mining town of Oatman.


Lots of the old buildings here have been turned into tourist traps. The Glory Hole was featured in the movie "How the West Was Won."


The Oatman Hotel was built in 1902 after gold was discovered here.


But the thing the town is most noted for is the "wild" burros that roam the streets in search of tourists carrying carrots. These guys are the descendents of the burros that miners turned loose when the mine closed and the miners left town. The babies are especially cute, and wear stickers warning the tourists not to feed them carrots or they will choke.


This one tried to eat my camera!


After the gunfight, which I didn't get any good pictures of, we all dressed up in old costumes to get our pictures taken. I got a lot of teasing that I looked like I was in a wedding dress, but believe me, I wasn't!


The guys looked really dapper.


But in the back row, there was drama going on. Lots of talk between Randy and Phil about whose gun was bigger, and stuff like that....


And that wasn't the only testosterone flowing around town!

6 comments:

  1. Love the last 2 pictures. Really made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely, although I thought it was a wedding dress too. I would have gone with the dance hall outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a good time was had by all - especially the burros!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You look beautiful in that dress. It's YOU. Good thing those were fake guns. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't warn of the X-rated picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee, hee. Diana, those two PICs one-after-the-other are a Masterpiece! Even another Testosterone Boy has to admit it. :~)

    Lew

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!