Friday, July 4, 2008

Pictured Rocks

On the first nice day, we all went on a 3-hour boat tour of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.


The first waterfall we came to, which I forgot the name of.


A nice arch, which I also forgot the name of. Guess I should have been taking notes...


The rock colors were gorgeous.


Since the waves were fairly calm, the boat went into Chapel Cave.


This is Spray Falls, the turn-around point for the boat. The 1856 shipwreck "Superior" lies at the base of the falls in 20 feet of water.


The gulls know they get fed on the way back.


The last thing on the tour, East Channel lighthouse, was built in 1870 on Grand Island to help guide vessels into Munising Harbor.

3 comments:

  1. A three hour cruise? Why does that ring a bell? Guess you made it back home safely. Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, only because I messed it up. What I meant to say was great shots of a very unusual place.

    And good one, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the right place for a good kayak.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!